We aim to get you high rental returns, with low expenses. We manage your property as if it were our own.
At Blomfield Real Estate we are property management experts. Our team consists of very experienced management focused professionals.
Our aim is to:
- Thoroughly screen all tenancy applications
- Market your property to achieve optimum rent
- Effectively follow up and chase rental arrears
- Be accurate with incoming and outgoing tenant inspections
- Conduct regular inspections of your property
- Immediately attend to property maintenance on your behalf
- Pay all authorised accounts on your behalf - rates, strata, land tax and repairs
- Provide detailed rental statements and deposits monthly
- Provide annual financial statements - great for tax time
- Give good basic land tax, income tax deduction and capital gains tax advice when required
Property Leasing - Marketing
Blomfield Real Estate makes sure your property gets solid exposure.
- Comprehensive listings on major real estate portals including domain.com and realestate.com
- Professional photography which includes 'virtual furniture' styling
- Front window display
- Property description in our daily updated rental sheet
- For lease sign on your property
Our long history means we understand the nuances of locating and securing the right tenant for your property. We have a careful and thorough system of selecting of tenants and check all information provided on tenancy applications. We will not accept any tenant who does not meet our strict selection criteria.
Once a satisfactory tenant has been approved, we take a deposit of one weeks rent, then arrange the preparation and signing the Residential Tenancy Agreement and lodgement of the Rental Bond in accordance with government requirements. Our leases have many 'special conditions' we include to help look after the property. They also include our emergency tradesman. Before the agreement is signed we carry out a detailed condition report and photos of the property to be included with the agreement.
Rent collecting and reporting
We produce an arrears report daily detailing any tenants who have missed a payment or are behind in rent. Anyone behind are contacted immediately. Most respond quickly to our reminder letters, phone calls and SMS messages. Due to our arrears being closely monitored it is a rare occurrence for us to have to take further action at the Residential Tenancy Tribunal. When necessary Andrew Blomfield appears at the Tribunal for you for free.
Over the many years we have established a good team of trusted 'one man one truck' small tradesman who also do after hours emergency work without charging extra. Repairs are handled promptly and efficiently to minimise tenants inconvenience and displeasure. We attend and monitor all repair costs to keep them to a minimum.
We review and revise the rent prior to expiry of each tenancy then ring and discuss our proposal with you upon a change in tenancy, or if the tenant is staying on, we issue increases as agreed with you.
We recommend building policies be taken out for houses. With strata units we recommend landlords contents policies which cover public liability.
At the end of each month we prepare and forward you a statement of rent collected and expenses incurred for your property. These statements detail the rent and water usage collected and any disbursements made on your behalf, such as council and waters rates and strata levies, together with any repairs expenditure. Funds are transferred to your nominated bank account on or before the last working day of each month. In December we account to you prior to Christmas Day. At the end of each financial year we provide you with an Annual Financial Summary of all 12 month statements.
Schedule of fees
- Management fee - Negotiable
- Initial letting fee - 1 weeks rent + GST
- Subsequent lettings - 1 weeks rent + GST
- Website listings, photos, 'For Lease' sign - No charge
- Lease preparation fee - $33.00
- Administration fees - $8.60 per month
- Annual Financial Statement - $33.00
- Arrangement of repairs - No charge